Life Hacks 101
Hey everyone! This is a little off of our regular path but I’d love to share some of my favorite life hacks with you. Do you ever get really frustrated with tedious things around the house? Or just everyday things that should be easier than they actually are? I’ve got a few tips for you to make these common tasks go smoother and make your life easier around the house. They range from painting the house to how, and why you should use water bottles in your breakfast cooking routine. All of these hacks are great for everyday activities and can come in handy more often than you think.
Paint Problems Solved
- Do you have a paint job you need to start? Here is a simple little trick that can save you time and keep it neat. Wrap a heavy duty rubber band around your paint can to stop the paint overflow dripping from brush and onto your floors. This simple hack will cut down the possibility of paint dripping on your nice floors, and save you a load of time in cleaning after your paint job is done.
Kiddie Conundrum Solved
2. Do you have a bunch of little kids always running around the house? No matter, with any amount of children you are pretty much guaranteed there will be a boo boo. Freeze wet (new) sponges in the freezer to use as icepacks when someone gets a cut or bruise. It’s a great alternative for an ice pack, and not to mention much cheaper. Cute little buggers, eh?
Put a Cork In It (Literally)
3 .There is nothing worse than sitting in a chair to find it wobbles back and forth, except maybe spilling your wine because of that wobbly chair. Don’t worry, I’ve got a hack for that! Slice your wine cork into four even flats, glue the sliced wine cork to the bottom of the chair. Viola! You’ve just leveled your chairs, protected your floors and found another good reason to drink wine.
4. It’s easy to get bogged down in cords and chargers when everything you own needs to be plugged in. Keep your electronics’ cords organized with blinder clips. Most of us have a laptops, cell phones, iPads, plus some other needs-to-be-charged item at our workspace–which means we have 3-6 cords draped over everything. Which is both annoying, and dangerous (20 cords and 20 cups of a coffee in a conference room spells F-R-I-E-D laptop. Trust me I speak from experience!) Use the binder clips to keep the cords organized, easily accessible, and your desk area neat.
Check Your Check-Writers
5. If you work in people’s homes–even transiently, as a babysitter or nanny, a home healthcare aid, or an independent contractor like a plumber or mason perform a background search on your would-be employers. When you’re going to be in someone else’s space you should be educated about them.
6. The easiest health hack is to substitute egg whites for full eggs, but I’ve got an extra tip to make that easier, even for less-than-chefs like myself. Make egg white omelets by easily separating the egg from the yolk. Crack your eggs into a bowl and apply slight pressure to an empty water bottle to vacuum the yolk out of the egg. It only takes a few seconds and you don’t have to worry about getting yolk on your hands!
These are some of my favorite (and easiest) life hacks. Do you have some to share? Send them my way!